Why a Start Up Requires Local SEO?
If you have made the decision to start your own company, one of the things you need to get right is the SEO methods you choose to use. SEO or Search Engine Optimization is an essential part of a successful website. Local SEO will lead to you bringing in more customers from your local community. For businesses that have a physical presence, local SEO services can be a key part of a successful marketing approach. Here is a closer look at why working with local SEO experts is a great choice for a start up business.
Google Business Tools
First of all, you need to ensure your business appears in all Google tools, as Google as the most widely used search engine around the world. About two-thirds of all online traffic goes through Google. You should, therefore, claim listings in places like;
• Google My Business – All the important information about your business can be found here. Make sure when claiming your listings that you check that information is accurate and you make it yours.
• Google Maps – You should also want to make sure that Google Maps has your position identified correctly and clearly. A lot of people use applications and mobile devices to locate businesses using Google Maps to find where they are and how to get to them. This way you know they will get accurate directions and you will not lose a customer because they got sent in the wrong direction.
• Business listings – It is also important to make sure your information can be found on the various businesses listings that are for your industry. This is another place potential customers might come to for information.
You might be surprised to hear that as many as 90% of consumers start their purchase research online. When you successfully use local SEO services this is the best way to advertise and market your business and brand. There are a number of opportunities and you might choose some or all of them depending on your business. They all have the potential to bring in local clients or customers. To name a few online options think of things like;
• PPC – Pay Per Click
• Creating strong backlinks
• Facebook paid for advertising
• Forum posts
• Google Ads
You can also consider other forms of marketing to ensure it works alongside the local SEO tools you use. This is how you can get a targeted audience, customers already interested in and more inclined to buy what you are selling. Other effective marketing tools would be email, text messaging, phone calls, print advertisements, and radio and tv ads.
Another important area for online marketing and connecting with customers including that that are local are social media platforms. Most people who have an online presence have some form of social media they use, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram to name a few of the larger ones. As a result, a lot of people look for companies there and ask friends for recommendations. An essential part of your local SEO success will come from having a page or presence on those sites that connects with people.
Finally, be sure to ask existing and previous customers for reviews to be posted in various place online. New customers often check those out before doing business with someone. For a start up having a good online reputation will greatly help you grow.
Online reviews present a good way to see what customers think about your business. It gives you a chance at service improvement. It can also be an indication of what products or services you need to add further. Respond when you can, but always do so for negative reviews so that customers can see you take them seriously and do follow up.
There is a lot to think about when you are starting a new business and local SEO should be a part of that. It is the best way to draw in more local customers. If you are unsure about what you need to get started on for your digital marketing, consider looking for an expert digital marketing company.